Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review: Obagi C-Sunguard SPF 30

I received the Obagi C-Sunguard SPF 30 during the launch of the House of Obagi Complete 360 System last August. For somebody who is relatively fair and spends a significant amount of time under the sun, I take sun protection pretty seriously. For my recent trip, I decided to stash this product in my luggage and use it while on vacation. It was a good a time as any to test out this sunscreen product and review it for you guys :)

Contains: (9% Micronized Zinc Oxide (C-­Cote), 7.5% Octinoxate)
Protects the skin from UVB and UVA  rays linked to premature aging of the skin, while simultaneously protecting the skin’s photolumines quality. 
Ingredients: butylparaben, cetearyl alcohol, citric acid, C13-14 isoparaffin, diethanolamine cetyle phospate, disodium edetate, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, isopropyl palmitate, laureth-7, methylparaben, octyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, polyacrylamide, polyether-1, polysorbate 60, propylparaben, purified water, sodium hydroxide, triethoxycaprylysilane.


What I like:

  • The Obagi C-Sunguard SPF 30 spreads easily and is absorbed by the skin almost immediately
  • convenient and hygienic packaging, will easily dispense the right amount
  • provides high UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection
  • smooth and non-sticky texture (good for face and body)
  • doesn't feel heavy on the skin
  • no whitish cast for me
  • the mild typical sunscreen scent dissipates after a few minutes


What I don't like:

  • chemical-based
  • may still be oily for some skin types
  • not sweat/water-resistant or waterproof
  • the Php 3,740/90ml  price tag may be expensive for some 

Overall, I am quite impressed with the Obagi C-Sunguard SPF 30 because of its light, silky texture and non-greasy finish. It's still not uber matte, but the formulation immediately melts into my skin so it's a winner for me. 

For more info check out https://www.facebook.com/HouseofObagi

3 Comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I can't afford it! Haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, an owl! and that price, ouch. but I'd pay big money for a fast-absorbing sunblock that works too, i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kari: I knew you'd comment on the owl! :D

    ReplyDelete