Friday, September 23, 2011

Mosbeau All-In-One Facial Cream

I won't be a hypocrite and say that I shun away from brightening products, but I am particular about the key ingredients and the texture. I tend to stay away from heavy creams and lotions that make me perspire or aggravate my already combi-oily skin, or those that contain too many chemicals. Ever since I could remember, products in gel formulations were my saving grace -- they were light and relatively fuss-free to apply.

When PMP Communications offered to send me a Mosbeau set for review, I dove right in. I've got some blemishes I'd like to lighten, plus an overall face brightening wouldn't hurt either. So here's my review on the Mosbeau All-In-One Facial Cream after a month of use (current skin care regimen here).

Put an end to your tedious beauty regimens, All-in-One is all you need to get the combined effects of a facial lotion, beauty essence, moisturizer and sun block for that flawless facial experience. This gel type cream is easily absorbed by the skin, it is non-sticky and effective for all skin types and also a great make up base.

What I like about it:

  • lightweight, watery gel-cream formulation (can be likened to Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel)
  • smooth and easy to apply, absorbed by the skin right away
  • not oily or greasy -- excellent moisturizer for combi-oily skin
  • non-sticky, good as a makeup base for either liquid or powder foundation
  • does not contain parabens or dimethicones (none listed on the label)
  • contains a bevy of natural ingredients, albeit towards the end of the list
  • did not give me any pimples, blackheads or irritate my skin in any way
  • faintly scented
  • 70g of product

What I wish it had:

  • wish it had SPF 15 or 30! For a product that advertises itself as a sunblock, no SPF rating is declared on the label
  • doesn't whiten skin as fast when used on its own, you'd have to use this with the soap which has peeling properties

More photos:

notice the watery texture
Verdict:

I've become a huge fan of the Mosbeau All-In-One Cream because of its lightweight texture, moisturizing and anti-aging properties. I really like how cool and refreshed my skin feels everytime I apply this to my face and neck. I use this everyday to brighten my complexion and lighten some pimple spots and blemishes. I also make sure that I still use SPF 15-30 and makeup with sunscreen properties as well, in order to protect myself from the glaring sun. 


The Mosbeau All-In-One Set is Php 1,680
All-In-One Soap is Php 400
All-In-One Cream is Php 1,480

Mosbeau is available at all leading department stores nationwide.

8 Comments:

  1. is this really effective ate? ive seen this one in watson last 2009 i think. afraid to try it because it may have a negative effect on my skin...i had pimples and there gone now, maybe trying products like this will give me pimples again =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mhereijoy: It did not give me any pimples, the texture is very light and watery, feels cool on the face. I recommend this for girls with combination/oily skin.

    I highly recommend it as a light moisturizer, but it's not for you if you really want to whiten your skin. Others say it works better with the soap, I haven't tried the soap yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what i wanted for my skin is to become smooth (invisible pores) and pimple free..can you recommend any product ate? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I dropped by because I have been searching for a good day cream for some time now. My sister says she liked this. But I am lots older than my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bea! I am older than Alex, haha. This is the only one I use because I have combination-oily skin, I am partial to gel formulations. Also try Neutrogena's Hydroboost Gel with SPF 30 :)

      Delete
  5. Hi ate :) Can you recommend any facial wash or scrub to make my face pimple free? I would appreciate your reply so much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joybelle! I only use Bare Naturals No Breakout to Makeup Soap, I've reviewed it here http://www.kira-ramirez.com/2011/02/my-go-to-soap-bare-naturals-no-breakout.html.

      My skin is sensitive and so I usually stick with what works for me, and I've been using this soap (alternatively with Human Nature's Nourishing Facial Wash and Mosbeau Placenta Soap) for years.

      Hope it works for you! Another suggestion, drop by your Derma or go to Flawless for facials to rid your skin of deep seated dirt and cystic pimples (if you have them). :)

      Delete