Sunday, September 11, 2011

Angry Birds Toppers by Mrs. P

A few weeks ago my inaanak requested for a specific birthday cake featuring her fave iPad game, the venerable Angry Birds. Dumbfounded and on a budget, I searched online for bakers who made cakes and cupcakes. It was quite timely (and lucky, I might add!) that I chanced upon Mrs. P's website which coincidentally sells handmade Angry Birds toppers.

Although I was excited as hell to receive the toppers (I am a sucker for Angry Birds as well), I had to wait for a few days before I could get my grubby hands on them.


The whole set is only Php 450 and consists of 8 birds, 3 pigs, 3 logs and 1 slingshot. I was told that the approximate sizes of the characters were a little larger than a 1 peso coin. They were neatly arranged in a box and placed in their own little compartments.


But they were bigger, heavier and far more adorable than the photos on the web! I was screeching when I opened the box! All the characters were tres cute!


They were all painstakingly made by hand with fondant icing -- and let me tell you that these were extremely yummy! I know because I ate one of dem little critters *hee-hee*

Meet the whole gang:


And next was the cake. We chose a rich, chocolate cake covered with chocolate icing, garnished with brightly colored sugar confetti. The dark background was perfect and highlighted the Angry Birds toppers well.

So from this...


we turned it into this...

See the slingshot at the back?

The Angry Birds cake made Naiah super duper happy! Thanks to my Mom who helped me with the cake and the decorations :)

To order your own character toppers, call or text Ms. Nora Pinga at 0933-5657626 or visit http://mrspcookies.multiply.com

5 Comments:

  1. pretty cake! it looks yummy too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I need to get me some Plants vs Zombies ones! ...for no apparent reason but their awesomeness.

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! My younger sister is OBSESSED with Angry Birds, this would be perfect for her birthday next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krissy: Go order! Nora makes tons of other cutesy designs, may PVZ din :)

    ReplyDelete