Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Cherry Ice

While sauntering along the Revlon counter one day, I started swatching some of their lipsticks as I normally do when one shade caught my eye -- the new Colorburst lipstick in Cherry Ice. It reminded me so much of favorite and now defunct Shu Uemura Lolishine and Lancome Juicy Rouge which I've mentioned so many times on my blog. Without batting an eyelash, I decided to purchase one (it was the last one as well, so what the heck) with the hopes of once again reliving my old lipsticks.

Instant burst of rich, true color with a featherlight feel
Elasticolor™ technology provides immediate color release and hugs lips with a burst of weightless color that feels like second skin

 

Color. From the tube it looks very much like a bright pop of red with gold shimmers, however when swatched it seems to be more of a watered down, juicy red. It goes on sheer and translucent and may not completely show off on very pigmented lips. It is buildable though, so you can layer on 3 swipes for a more intense shade.

1 swipe vs. 3 swipes
Feel and texture. The Colorburst lipstick in Cherry Ice imparts a smooth, lightweight finish indeed. Though it appears very glittery in the tube, the glitters aren't gritty at all and blends well into my lips. This lipstick does not add moisture to lips, but it does not dry it out either. In any case, I still smooth on balm underneath because my lips have been dry as of late.

Staying power. As with most sheer lip colors, expect this to last for 2-3 hours, even less if you eat and drink and purse your lips often. Usually a slight reddish tinge and golden glitters remain after I eat, which later shows up on the white paper napkin. Needless to say, be prepared to reapply several times when using this.

Scent. Imparts a light vanilla scent, it's honestly not one of my favorite scents but I can live with it.

Packaging. The black, criss-cross plastic packaging is very sturdy and is a nice departure from the vintage look of Revlon lipsticks.

Price. I think I got this for around Php 575.00-595.00 at SM Department Store.


Overall, I like the Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Cherry Ice and I wear this on days when I want to look fresh and natural. More pigmented and creamy lipsticks offer the best color-pay off of course, but Cherry Ice is a nice alternative on days when I don't want to feel like I just layered on tons of makeup. The need to reapply several times throughout the day is such a downer, but then again most sheer lipticks have poor staying power anyway.

5 Comments:

  1. nice lippie.. kahit walang heavy makeup ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one bright shade of red! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised because I saw the tube first but it so look natural on you.....nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cheannetoday: it looks scary red on the tube, but it actually applies sheer and light :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of cherry ball bubblegum. :)

    ReplyDelete