Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Clinique All About Eyes

Lightweight eye cream diminishes the appearance of eye puffs, darkness and fine lines. Non-creep, cream/gel formula actually helps hold eye makeup in place. For use morning and night, both under eyes and on lids. Ophthalmologist Tested. Click for ingredients list.
The Clinique All About Eyes is my current go-to eye cream. It's a lightweight moisturizing eye cream/gel that leaves the skin around my eyes velvety smooth. The caffeine ingredient helps depuff my eyes, especially since my sleep patterns are as irregular as can be -- I blame it all on my post-BPO lifestyle.

All About Eyes won "The Best Overall Eye Cream" - New Beauty Magazine, Winter 2011
It features a smooth, non-greasy finish that is absorbed well. It does not make my skin sweat, does not sting my eyes nor cause any milia, and is a breeze to apply possibly due to its silicone content. It also makes for a good makeup base because it does not make liquid foundation crack and settle into fine lines.


On the downside, it's not so good with addressing dark circles and fine lines under the eyes and I may have to specifically try the Repairwear Anti-aging Eye Cream to get rid of those. It also has that typical Clinique smell, which we are all so familiar with.

Other may people may have some beef about eye creams in jars because it can be unhygienic, but I personally do not have any problem with this. My hands are always clean anyway, and I don't share skin care products. Jars and tubs are ideal for me because I can scrape up every last drop, as opposed to tubes where I'd have to cut it in half.

I only use this much for one eye application
Overall, if you desire an allergy-tested, ophthalmologist-tested eye cream that will moisturize your peepers, check out Clinique All About Eyes. A full-sized jar can be quite expensive but it is fairly economical. For example, my small 7ml GWP jar lasted for around 2-3 months as you would only need to use a small amount. If you're a bit unsure about getting the full-size one right away, try to ask your Clinique SA if she would be nice enough to give you a sample GWP so you can roadtest it first.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a heavy duty, anti-aging eye cream that will "erase" your fine lines and wrinkles, you may want to pass on this product.

What's your favorite eye cream to date? I'd love to know :)

3 Comments:

  1. I love my Body Shop Vit. E eyecreamut. :) But I bet both works the same except Clinique costs more. :)
    xoxo,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Myrted: Hi dear! I remember that was my first eye cream from TBS, I think I was in college then. I agree with you, it's a very moisturizing eye cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hold of this product through a give-away at bits + treats. Its my first time using an eye cream and now I am hooked. I am nocturnal and due to my awry sleeping habits, sometimes I sleep for only 4 hours. Boo hoo. But when I wake-up, zilch puffiness! Yey! The only downside is, it stings my eyes when I clumsily apply it. But over-all I love the product!

    ReplyDelete