Monday, July 4, 2011

I won the Estee Lauder contest!

 
A few weeks ago I joined Project Vanity's Estee Lauder contest. I think I joined rather late and I wasn't really expecting to win, not to mention that I was feeling kind of down. I've been noticing that I've been feeling emotionally-drained right now, on account of having so many things on my plate. I feel like I have to let go of some things in my life in order to set things straight. Le sigh.

This was my entry to the contest:
My mood for the day is Pink Lolita. We're in this weird interim weather where summer has passed and it's supposedly the rainy season but the heat of the sun says otherwise. I think Pink Lolita is a nice bright color that is youthful and can cheer up anyone's day. For someone like me who is borderline thirty (ha!) and is somewhat juggling so many things in my personal life (just found out the boyfriend's dad has hepatocellular CA), I badly need some cheering up.

I've seen first hand what CA can do to a person, all of my lolas from my mother's side died of cancer --- colon, skin, blood, kidney, etc. Which is why our family takes health care very seriously, and why I learned the importance of using sunblock early on and eating right.

Anyway, I was very happy and thrilled that Estee Lauder Philippines chose my entry as one of the winners -- yay! It was totally unexpected! And last Tuesday I was able to meet the glam girls behind the brand for some chitchat over Raan coffee (thanks Rizel, Krishna and Liz!). Here's what I won:


Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Pink Lolita

An intense lipstick enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft and creamy smooth. Provides long-lasting, fade-resistant medium-to-full, buildable coverage.

Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme

A dermatologist-tested and non-acnegenic moisturizer that encourages skin's natural "barrier building" abilities so it holds on to more moisture-and fights signs of premature aging more effectively.

Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex

This silky serum-gel helps dramatically reduce the look of every key sign of aging around the fragile eye area. Addresses fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, dryness, uneven skintone. The hyaluronic acid ingredient helps skin lock in moisture and strengthen its protective moisture barrier, while powerful anti-oxidants help neutralize environmentally generated free radicals before they can cause future damage.


Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

A skin resurfacer that gently dissolves pore-clogging debris, reduces pores & makes enlarged pores almost invisible. It also eliminates dry, dull, flaky skin cells, improves skin texture & roughness and leaves skin soft, smooth, clear & even-toned. This could very well be the luxury version of the famed Clinique Turnaround Cream.

Off the bat, Pink Lolita is hands-down my new best friend, hee-hee. I'll probably do a short review soon. Thank you so much to Project Vanity and Estee Lauder for this wonderful gift :)

7 Comments:

  1. Wow! What a luxurious loot you got. Congrats!
    xx,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome prizes! Congratulations! :)

    http://jesroque.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the loot cheered you up! I'm a Cancer nurse, so I understand what it's like. Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better, Kira! :D

    ReplyDelete