Thursday, July 28, 2011

Human Nature Natural Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner

Here's a quick review of Human Nature's new natural shampoo and conditioner. I've been using them since June when it was first released and I've used up both bottles since then.

A little background on my crowning glory...

I have medium-length, thick, wavy hair that's been colored recently and rebonded a few years prior. My hair is prone to tangles and is quite dry. I don't scrimp on conditioner and I apply hair masques every week like clockwork. I try to pamper my hair as much as I can, and I use both natural and regular conditioners/masques. My favorite at the moment is the Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner which makes my hair crazy soft!


Natural Moisturizing Shampoo with CREAMFoam Technology - Php 129.75/200ml
A huge scientific breakthrough from Human Nature Natural Care Labs! CREAMFoam® works like a lotion together with Philippine coco nectar and pure avocado oil to keep your hair soft and moisturized from roots to tips. 24 amino acids, 17 vitamins and 14 minerals give you truly healthy hair without the dryness or irritation from chemical shampoos. 96.4% natural.
Natural Moisturizing Conditioner - Php 289.75/500ml
The conditioner that truly cares for you hair with avocado oil, seaweed extract and organic virgin coconut oil leaving your hair soft & healthy. 100% natural.
Let's face it, I was really drawn to the "creamfoam technology" bit. I've been using Human Nature shampoos (the clear ones) for two years already and I am such a fan, but yeah, they lack in the moisturizing department. So I was really curious if this new variant will indeed moisturize my hair and scalp better than their previous formulas.


This CREAMFoam Shampoo features a milky consistency which doesn't lather well which, in turn, makes me use more than recommended in order to get a really good lather. This observation was based in comparison to Human Nature's clear shampoos (Strengthening, Nourishing and Moisturizing variants), all of which do not contain any SLS or SLES. Personally, the clear ones provide better lather and cleansing for me.


As for the conditioner, it's such a delight to use because it spreads easily when applied but I'd have to use a whole lot (several pumps) for it to coat my hair completely. What I do is squeeze out all the excess water, apply the conditioner and wear a hair cap for 3 minutes while I soap up. The conditioner does moisturize, but usually that "moisturized feeling" goes away when I rinse it off in the shower. Sadly, the moisturizing benefits doesn't last that long.

The lemongrass-mandarin scent is probably my favorite because it is quite unexpected and perks me up in the shower. But just like all natural shampoos and conditioners, the scent doesn't really last very long as well.


The good thing about this new Human Nature shampoo and conditioner is that it now proudly features the cruelty-free sign. Yay! -- more cruelty-free options here.

Final thoughts

If your hair requirements aren't as stringent as mine and you'd like to jump on the natural bandwagon, I'd recommend the new Human Nature Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. For people like me who prefer really soft and moisturized hair (and are willing to bend the rules a bit), these can be used as a good interim shampoo and conditioner. My advise is, don't let go of your favorite hair products just yet!

The line wasn't really groundbreaking, my hair was adequately moisturized and the softness and manageability was short-lived. However, this is usually the case with most natural hair products that I've tried due to the fact that they lack certain chemicals to begin with. Please be aware that some have reported breakouts from usage, and I also experienced a little bit of dandruff initially which later went away with regular use. 

Available at: http://humanheartnature.com

5 Comments:

  1. we have the same observation, the moisturizing shampoo with cream foam technology doesn't lather as much as their clear shampoo... i'm still thinking what to buy next from the human heart nature shampoo line. so far, i've tested two variants... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks for the post, I was actually deciding on which one to try, the HHN or Pure Beauty's. Scared of the breakout. I've experienced such from Pantene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Swexie: HHN may be cooking up new shampoo variants since the Nourishing and Moisturizing ones aren't available for purchase on the site anymore.

    @Belle: Hi Belle! The Pure Beauty conditioners are currently sold out (been looking for it at several SM Malls already to no avail), but I spoke with Watsons' marketing people and they will be restocking soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek. I shall definitely try this. I too obsess about conditioning (chemically treated hair = forever dry) and I love Human Nature!!! Kira I think I spotted you once in Trinoma - but too far away from me to yell out hello!!! It would've been great to meet in person finally - was with my son Laz too! Next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anna: Really? Haha, I'm shy in person! And usually in Noma I'm super dressed down -- like jeans and shirt lang, heehee :D

    ReplyDelete