Thursday, July 21, 2011

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Pink Lolita

I've been a bargainista all my life, but I secretly splurge on high-end products too! Since my focus has always been on skin care, my makeup splurges have always been kept to a minimum. However, I do purchase lipsticks from MAC, NARS and Lancome even waaay back in college. I remember being a H-U-G-E fan of Lancome's now defunct Juicy Rogue line, that I ended up buying 2 backup lipsticks of "Abracadabra" just in case they ran out. Yes, I can be pretty obsessive about lip color as well. And yes, they did run out of that shade eventually.

One of my newest obsessions is the Estee Lauder Pure Color Lasting Lipstick which I won at a contest last month. It's my first ever Estee Lauder lip color and to be honest, I've been wearing it nonstop since.

An intense lipstick enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft and creamy smooth. Provides long-lasting, fade-resistant medium-to-full, buildable coverage.


As you may have noticed, I love pink and am always in search of the perfect pink lipstick. I will spare no expense to get my hand on a bright, new tube of pink. Really, really. So I was really elated when Estee Lauder Philippines gave me a tube of Pink Lolita. I think this the a start of wonderful relationship with their Pure Color line.


The light, warm pink shade complements my NC30 skin tone well and gives me that natural, blooming flush of color. I was surprised that it was indeed moisturizing, so much so that I can choose to skip balm prior to application. But you know me, I always apply balm anyway because there are times my lips become really chapped or dry because of the weather. The color payoff is pretty good too, two swipes and I'm usually out the door.

The downside for me is, it's not really as long-lasting as what I initially had hoped. It only lasts for about 2-3 hours on me, and usually settles into my lip lines. Could it be because I purse my lips together too much? No matter, I really love the color and its moisturizing quality that I can forgive its so-so staying power.

And anyway, I look forward to retouching since this lipstick smells soooo good. Estee Lauder says it's the scent of fig, which makes me wonder, is there a fig perfume out there? So funny because I sometimes catch myself smelling it from the tube, haha.


I think I might be rushing off this week to an Estee Lauder counter to buy 2 more as backups -- addicted much? Haha. Don't beat me to it, ha, leave some for me :)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks (Php 1,350) are available at Rustan's

5 Comments:

  1. oh my goodness, such a pretty color! reminds me of Barbie's lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so bagay on you.....I love pink lippies but hanggang like lang ako....I am morena kasi di bagay....heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chennetoday: Thank you!!! Why don't you try NYX Louisiana? That's super bagay with anyone regardless of skin color. NYX Paris naman pops on morena skin. The important thing is to rock it while wearing pink lippies. Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete