Monday, June 27, 2011

How to fix a split toenail


Gaaah! My boyfriend accidentally stubbed my toe yesterday and my toenail split! Such a waste of a perfectly good pedicure. What do you do when accidents like this happens? I've got a quick fix for you, all you need are a few simple items. I learned this from one of my ever fab FA friends:

nail polish, clear polish, Mighty Bond, toothpick and a piece of tissue (shown below)
Step 1: Apply glue to the cracked/split part of your nail using a toothpick, be careful not to apply glue to your skin. Smooth out the edges.


Step 2: While glue is still wet, place a piece of [1 ply] tissue on top. This will help the split nails fuse together.

Press the tissue down gently so it absorbs the glue and becomes translucent.
Let the glue dry.
Step 3: Generously layer on your nail polish.


Step 4: Generously layer on clear nail polish to give the illusion of smoothness.


Finished product: Tadaaaah!


If you experience clumps and unevenness brought about by the glue + tissue combi, don't worrry as it won't be really be obvious --- unless you look at your nail up close. This quick fix method should work until your next pedicure...or in my case, until the nail grows to a good enough length to cover my nail bed. Also, don't worry about the glue too much, your manicurist can easily scrape it away without much fuss.

PS: This works for fingernails as well :)

9 Comments:

  1. waw! this is soo helpful Kira! haha. ganyang ganyan ang pagkaka-split ng nails ko. haha. yung sakin namin, natisod ako. haha. clumsy as usual. haha. Thanks for the tip dear! ;) gaganyanin ko muna nails ko while di pa din tumutubo ng maayos haha. Thanks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori! Clumsy din ako minsan. Before I stubbed my toe, natisod naman ako sa cage ni P-nut and the nail on my pinky toe split :-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. ackkk! this always happens to me whenever i wear my crocs alice, sakto naman yung size ng shoe, comfy naman, but for some reason, this happens. so yeah, thanks for posting this, haha. i used to trim my nails if that occurs, that it looks weird na afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boyfriends do that, stub their girlfriends' toes I mean. But I must admit that I am quite clumsy so no reason putting all the blame on him, hihi. Thanks for this tip, Ms. Kira :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. this a MUST-read tip for all clumsy beauties out there. haha :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kriz: I would normally trim the nails din, but this time I couldn't because it would expose my nail bed! I really have to wait for my nail to grow out :(

    @Theeightofhearts: Haha, first time he stubbed my toe! The last time natisod lang ako sa cage ni P-nut (my chihuahua).

    @Lori: Thanks hunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So helpful Kira!! Thanks for the tip, bet this will come handy!:-)

    xo,
    Kristen (Paperbag Vintage)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! the same happened to my toe nail last week! pinatungan ko lang ng nail polish! hahaha! will do this next time.. nice tip, very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice tip, Kira!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete