Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bright Lips

These are two of my favorite lippies at the moment, both from VMV Hypoallergenics. I prefer wearing these bold lipsticks because with them I can keep the rest of my face bare -- I just apply my moisturizer/sunscreen, Clinique Dermawhite Liquid Foundation SPF 38, Pur Minerals pressed foundation and head on out the door.

VMV Glitz Lipstick in IT GIRL and VMV Velvet Matte Lipstick in COPA
VMV Hypoallergenics has been known for decades primarily for their skin care and the cult-favorite Armada sunblock line. I think it's high-time that they be known for their "ant-acne makeup" line as well.

Why choose VMV lipsticks?

- their products are 100% preservative-free, paraben-free, irritating waxes and all-types-of-fragrance-free
- VMV products do not clog pores, this combined with their their monoglyceride mix's antibacterial properties equals anti-acne makeup
- instead of mineral oil, VMV uses pore-friendly, soothing coconut oil whose fatty acids are a natural component of the skin's barrier to help moisturize more effectively
- their lipsticks contain titanium dioxide and iron oxide pigments instead of dyes, thus adding sun protection
- contains green tea for antioxidant protection and prevents chapping + other irritations, all this safety prevents darkening of the lips and acne/rashes around the mouth and chin

For someone like me who gets reactions on the chin due to commercial toothpastes, these lipsticks are really what the doctor ordered.


And ooh, check out this little factoid: VMV is also starting to be environmentally conscious as their boxes are glue-free and are printed with soy-based inks. Yay!

COPA and IT GIRL
COPA is a bright pink shade that photographs beautifully. Like other matte lipsticks it may be drying for those who already have dry lips, but a slick of lip balm should do the trick. It offers full-bodied color and applies smooth and evenly on the lips. After eating or drinking, it does leave a nice stain. If you do have dry lips, this tends to settle in your lip lines so make sure to moisturize, moisturize and exfoliate your puckers well. 

IT GIRL has proven to be my favorite. It applies easily and is bold enough to draw attention to my lips. It is not the screaming, blue-based red I initially wanted but because it has more of a burnt orange tinge to it, it suits my yellow-toned skin tone more. The glitters may be too gritty for my taste, but I like it nonetheless. Like Copa, this applies well and leaves a stain on the lips.

The packaging is pretty neat, too, as the lipsticks are encased in a solid ans sturdy silver case. Both lipsticks are very pigmented and have a little bit of drag to them when applied, which I prefer really, since I can be clumsy when applying bold colors like these. Also, be warned that the lipsticks do have a slight sunflower oil scent, but you'll only detect it if you smell it up close. It's not an issue for me but it might be for others.

Since I didn't have time to swatch them, here are photos of me wearing them:

wearing COPA at my Mom's 60th birthday
wearing IT GIRL, I'm with Ms. Emily of NBN 4
These are bit pricey for the Php 1,000 price tag (I did get them at 10% off though), but if you are a fan of 100% hypoallergenic products I'd say go for these babies. They've got lots of colors to choose from, and I heard there will be more shades released this year.

5 Comments:

  1. I love vmv! <3 The lipsticks are really good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keesh! Their lip glosses are also worth trying. They're very pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lipsticks look nice, especially the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kira! u looked so pretty in Copa!! it's not as bright on u tho...nice:))

    ReplyDelete