Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The power of accessories

"Those miniskirts, that slinky dress, your skinny jeans. Gain ten pounds and they betray you in a heartbeat, the cows. But your accessories -- your shoes and bags, your scarves and necklaces. They'll stand by you through thick and thin. 

They will pull together an outfit for you. They will help you update your wardrobe without spending a ton of money. And, without saying a word, they'll spend all day talking you up to the world, telling others how cool, fun, elegant and sophisticated you are. Really, what else can you ask for in a friend?" -- Nina Garcia

What I wore to the Clinique SPA-rty 1 and 2:

Top: Zara | Tiered skirt: RDS | Studded flats: Aldo | Parrot necklace: Accessorize
Top: Terranova | Skirt: Zara | Wedges: Ferretti | Belt: RDS | Bag: SM Dept. Store | Bib: Flatterbuy

Sidenote: I lalala-LOVE my Ferreti wedges! I wore them for the first time at the Clinique SPA-rty last weekend and I'm glad to report that I walked the whole nine yards in them -- I took the MRT from Ayala Station to Trinoma where the boyfriend picked me up just in time for my nephew's first birthday party at Rembrandt Hotel and my feet didn't hurt one bit. I love how the wedges gave me good posture and made me walk like a laydeh (must be all in my head, but yeah that's what happened).

Gah. I can't stop gushing about the wedges. Must.end.this.post.now.

Credit: first two photos taken by Liz

9 Comments:

  1. oh yes, accessories are sooooo fun to collect. :) love the wedges too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawww Kira, I like your second outfit. Oh my I have to go and check out Ferreti. They look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklaces! The one with the parrot one is TDF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lauren! Hey I love your parrot necklace too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute, Kira! Parang fresh grad lang sa picture ah! :)) You look so summery, and the wedges are <3!

    Alex
    http://www.reluctantstylista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, thank you Alexis :D when are you wearing your Ferrettis? I wanna take a photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kira! haha sori na hindi ko alam..pero ano yung RDS? san yun? :) ♥ the skirts e hihi

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lori: It's short for Robinsons Dept. Store ;)

    ReplyDelete