Monday, March 14, 2011

Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner

I personally have dry, chemically-treated hair that needs some serious pampering. I take hair care very seriously but I don't have the luxury of going to a salon every few weeks for treatment. To make up for this, I've somehow "collected" a number of hair conditioners, masks and intensive treatments in my bathroom which are all paraben-free (sadly parabens make my scalp itch). And so far, these products have all satisfied my need for soft, silky hair.

From L-R: Treatment Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask, Essence Water, Hair Care Oil
From the Watsons Beauty Lab I attended last week, it was their new Pure Beauty hair care line that first caught my attention. Denise and Jared (from Watsons) advised me that their new hair care line will definitely soften thick, dry and coarse hair. And they even said it is comparable to most high-end hair care brands.


I was intrigued, and so I tried the Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner when I got home. And here's what I have to say about it:

In a nutshell, it does soften and smoothen my hair like crazy. It comes in a huge 500ml pump bottle which is great because a heavy, huge bottle like this is difficult to grasp in the shower. I have to pump several times though to coat my hair thoroughly, because I really have long hair now.

The formula is creamy and easy to spread, I don't need to exert so much effort to coat my hair with this stuff. I've experienced some creamy conditioners that just tend to "sit there" and not really do anything, while some conditioners are difficult to spread. The Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner spreads like a dream.


Watsons says it's the Cammelia Seed Oil from Japan that makes the hair softer and more manageable. And I agree, my hair hasn't been this soft even with my arsenal of Pantene (Japan version) products. Also, the price is just awesome -- only Php 249/500ml.

The Camellia scent is okay, it's probably not one of my favorite scents but it doesn't linger on my hair for long so it's not much of a concern for me. Btw, I just air-dry my hair everyday (because I am lazy like that, ha!). And most importantly, it does not irritate my scalp -- hooray for paraben-free products!

The only downside is: some people with fine, straight hair might experience limp hair due to the softness. But other than that, it's a pretty great product. I haven't tried the rest of the Pure Beauty hair care products yet, but so far I am so loving this new Pure Beauty conditioner.

What about you guys, have you tried this yet?

13 Comments:

  1. I saw the bottles from afar today but didn't go to check it out! Will give this a once-over when I've finished my current shampoos/conditioners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is paraben-free pala? That's good to know! I'm loving this conditioner, too. :D

    Alex
    http://www.reluctantstylista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galeng ano?! I love the whole line, it's so affordable pa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I wish you could follow up on this topic!

    generic nolvadex

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have seen this sa watsons sta rosa (SM sta rosa) but didnt buy.. haay

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rhaindropz: Sayang! Go back and purchase it, haha! Seriously, the conditioner is sold out everywhere so if you find one, you're so lucky! Watsons will replenish stocks soon though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using this product and it's really good. I have very fine hair and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all, so long as I really wash it well. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may sound stupid but I recently bought their conditioner and I can't figure out how to remove the stopper so I couldn't use the pump at all. How did you take out the stopper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chynna! It has no stopper, just twist until it pops up :)

      Delete
  9. do you think it's good for a newly rebonded hair? i might use it kc,:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chiya! I would recommend it :) It's been a year and I'm still addicted to it :)

      Delete