Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Venus & Mars Wonder Creme with SPF 50

I've gotten so many inquiries via email about V&M's new product, so finally here's my short review. Remember, I got mine at their WTC bazaar last December and our bottle is now half-empty.

Ingredients: Emu Oil, SPF 50, Papaya and Glutathione Extracts, Aloe Vera, Collagen, Glycerin

Price: Php 335/20ml pump bottle

Why I like it:

  • high sun protection, offers SPF 50
  • contains collagen and emu oil which are anti-aging ingredients
  • non-reflective, non-greasy and non-sticky
  • applies smoothly (no drag here)
  • not as creamy as the Keep Safe Tinted Sunblock, therefore is more suitable for oilier complexions
  • the orangey tinge/shade will blend well with most skin tones
  • good as a mineral makeup base
  • no white cast
  • dries matte
  • hygienic pump packaging (but plastic cap will break when dropped)

Why I don't like it:

  • turns dark on us when we get oily, may not be suitable for acidic complexions. This is solely based on our experience though, so it may work differently for you.
  • zero to very, very sheer coverage (my Nu Skin TM gives more coverage than this)
  • oil control is so-so
  • Php 335 price is quite expensive for a small 20ml bottle
  • strong jasmine scent that lingers (I am not a fan of strong scents)
My verdict? It's great to use as a moisturizer-slash-sunblock but it may not be suitable for you if you are looking for a product that offers a great deal of coverage.


3 Comments:

  1. aww I thought it would offer more coverage. so sad I've been wanting to try this. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kira! Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm so sorry if it took me forever to reply.

    RE the Bare Naturals BB Cream: It has a light-medium coverage. Conceals minor blemishes like small freckles and facial veins (provided you top it off with a finishing powder). I'm not really sure regarding staying power/oil control. My skin's kinda dry so I still have to use moisturizer prior to applying the BB cream, but staying power for me is A-OK. It's good for everyday usage. SPF efficiency's not that good when used in high altitude places like Baguio/Tagaytay and especially a frolic in the summer sun. It's still best to use traditional sunblock.

    Let me know if it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Juana: Thanks so much for the reply :) Imma check it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete