Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A tour of Modern Academy

Liz and I were given a special tour by the nice folks over at Maquillage Professionnel last week, showing us their recently opened modern school aptly named Modern Academy of Image, Culture and the Arts. The Modern Academy of Image, Culture, and the Arts (MAICA) offers courses that empower the individual with a dynamic perspective and real life skills essential to successful, modern living.


They offer short courses such as Personal Financial Management, Basic Photography, Creative Writing, Social Graces and Etiquette, Makeup for Pro Makeup Artists, Bridal Makeup, etc. There are also courses for the modern woman, such as Wine Tasting and Appreciation, Professional Blogging and Power Email Marketing just to name a few, all taught by top coaches such as Anton of Our Awesome Planet.


MAICA is conveniently located in The Fort, Taguig and am thinking of taking a few courses here myself! Here are some photos for you guys:

Photography room
one of the classrooms
the Makeup room


You can tell that Liz and I spent an insane amount of time in this room where makeup courses are taught. All students who enroll in MAICA's makeup courses only get to use the best makeup available -- and that is Makeup For Ever.

The famous HD Microfinish Powder (I wrote about it here)
Haven't you heard, orange is the color of the season
Body glitter!
very pigmented eye shadows
with Terry of Marketing
Happy campers :)

We'd like to thank Ms. Celine Gabriel-Lim and Ms. Diana Afable-Lorenzo for accommodating us. Visiting MAICA has certainly piqued my interest in studying again. I may consider this after I take a few short courses on jewelry making this year (gotta revisit my old love and slash that off my bucket list).

We hope to see you guys soon at MAICA. Slots are very limited so book now :)

For more info on Modern Academy, visit http://www.modernacademy.com.ph/
Email: info@modernacademy.com.ph
Contact numbers: (02) 569-5235; (02) 846-8920 ; 0922 8 MODERN (663376)

5 Comments:

  1. omg i look like a fat dirty person. :( remove photo of me plz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ms. Kira for this post. I hope you wont mind if I share this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Hi, thank you for visiting my blog. Sure, go ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok.. this is off-topic. But love the pants! :D Where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eco Beauty: Thank you! I got it at Divisoria! :D

    ReplyDelete