Friday, February 11, 2011

Sunplay Sunblocks

If ever you find yourself in the beauty section of SM Dept. Store, keep your eyes peeled for these babies:


These mini sunblocks from Sunplay are just adorable. They come in 4 variants:

  • Super Block Sunblock Lotion SPF 130 PA+++ (waterproof)
  • Watery Cool Sunblock Lotion with Menthol SPF 65 PA+++ (waterproof)
  • Powdery White Sunblock Lotion SPF 47 PA+++ (with Vit. C & E)
  • Clear Water Sunblock Lotion SPF 50 PA+++ (with Aloe extract)
Sunplay is made by the same creators of Lip Ice and the brand is pretty well-known for their sunscreens. They come in 35ml teensy bottles and cost approx. Php 350 each. It has a watery consistency so I assume it is non-greasy and convenient to use in our warm/humid weather. I personally think they're overpriced because it looks like this would only last me a month tops if I use it for my face and body on a daily basis.

Still, I think it's pretty handy to stash in my bag for emergency reapplication purposes -- like if I wash my hands midday and I need to reapply sunscreen. The high SPF is really beckoning, and I wonder if it is really relevant to use something as high as SPF 130 versus, let's say, SPF 45 --- I gotta do research on that soon!


As of writing, I'm really itching to try the mentholated variant with ze cutesy penguins on the bottle. Remember, I am a fan of anything mentholated (check out my Bare It All Cream post) and I am definitely curious how it will fare in the coolness department.

Have you tried Sunplay sunblocks? 
Which do you think is the most interesting?

4 Comments:

  1. 350?? Kind of prohibitive for something so small. =/ Cute though!

    In Googling for sun protection info on a blog post I did awhile back, I read somewhere that while SPFs beyond 30 or so do offer you more sun protection, it's only by 1-2% more but it uses so much more chemical fillers to do so. I generally stick to SPF30-50 or so; I think anything beyond 60-70 is a bit too much already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari, yup I did read your post on sunscreens, twas very helpful. I'm very intrigued on the mentholated variant, I might consider purchasing it maybe next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nakakatuwa nga yung mentholated variant. A sunscreen that makes you feel fresh and cool as opposed to sticky and sweaty? Hmm.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! i'm having my first blog giveaway, lots of Stila Cosmetics to be won, maybe you'd like to enter? it's open to all readers. Thanks! =)
    xoxo,
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete