Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a Date: Speed Dating Event

Hello! As you all know, my bucket list is in dire need of attention. I've only managed to slash a few off my list and I haven't even gone around to blogging about them. Anyway, I was very fortunate that a speed dating invite was sent to me last week, cos that's prolly what I need right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am happily coupled and attached to the hip, but I do have to slash something off that damn list stat, and speed dating sounds like a fun experience. I am lucky to have some some single friends who are ready to mingle and I'd like to see them "search" for their proverbial prince charming in a formalized matchmaking process. IF I were single I'd totally join a speed dating event, too. But for now, I am content with covering this event for my blog.


How does it work?

Participants will be paired up for several minutes before moving on to meet with the next participant. They will rate how much they liked a particular person they met on a notecard.

At the end of the session, The organizers will see which couples shared a mutual attraction or compatibility based on the notecards Compatible couples can be given each other's contact information so they can arrange romantic dates.

P900 inclusive of Dinner. Open for Ages 22-35 years old.
--

Interested? Please fill out the application form and submit it to weareperfectevents@yahoo.com. Deadline for payment and submission of application form is on Feb. 2.


Have you tried speed dating before?  Was it a total dud or did you have fun? :)


4 Comments:

  1. last year. it never got off the ground :p
    haha. so, rather, yes AND no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did you pay? You still friends with the girls you met? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never been to one before but i've always been curious whether some dates really do take off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, interesting. I'm not within the age range, though! I also wonder if people really do go beyond just dating from this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete