Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hermit Crab TV feature

The team of Jessica Soho passed by the house today and interviewed me about my crabs. I was so ecstatic, this would be my first interview wherein I openly discussed my hermit crabs and shared tips on how to take care of them. My usual interviews were for EarthlyDelights, so this is a welcome change.

Let me warn you though, that I was not pretty while being interviewed. I just realized how harsh and hot camera lights were upclose, and as such my makeup melted. Huhu. I was my oily, PMS-ing self. Hay. But anything for my dear hermies :)


Too bad the aquarium my boyfriend ordered didn't come on time as the interview was quite unexpected. But in the above photos you can see that I have two critter keepers -- one for the small crabs and one for the medium to larger-sized crabs.


Check out the hermit crab accessories, food, and their fresh and saltwater bottles. Yep, that's a gallon of saltwater straight from the beaches of Mindanao (thanks Dad!).


The top performer of the day was Sprite -- she ate and posed for the camera on cue! Quite a huge feat for a crab! I am so proud! :)


The "Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho" feature on "Decor Animals" is coming out this Saturday (January 22) at 8:00 PM on GMA 7. Hope you guys can watch. P-nut made a cameo appearance by the way. He was also so cooperative and so well-behaved during the shoot :)

Thank you so much to Shiela and Anthony (and to the rest of the crew) for this awesome opportunity :D

More crab stories over at http://www.ilovehermitcrabs.com/ :)

13 Comments:

  1. Oh my! Your cute little pets are celebs now, too! I'll definitely watch that on Saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!! i will definitely watch this episode!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I hope to watch it too, I'm shy and it's so awkward to watch oneself on TV :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that is so awesome! I hope a lot of people learn from you in terms of taking care of hermit crabs through the show :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be so exhilirating to have your babies featured on TV! 'gratz Kira! will watch Jessica Soho on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :) I hope the feature goes well, was so tense and nervous the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. instant fame for your lil crabs!! you have the most out of the ordinary pet I know! :) gotta watch that show :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yiheeee! I watched it last Saturday! Cute little pets you have in there! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Abbie: Thank you hunny :) All my crabs are waving hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the show, but I do hope much time is allotted about hermit crab. By the way, I discovered your blog by searching about bow and wow for Chuchie (my aspin). Didn't expect I'll know more about hermit crabs which my sister is longing to have.

    Good luck with your next tv appearance--with your hermit in their colorful abode.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Clumsyfancy: Thanks so much! Yes, hopefully there will be less edits next time :) Your little doggie is adorable, hope you were able to get him some treats at Bow & Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kira, you look so cute! :D When is this going to air?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Mara: Thank you! It aired last Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete