Saturday, December 4, 2010

Human Nature mineral makeup update

We are all quite familiar with mineral makeup and its benefits (click here and here for more information), but it can still be daunting to leave our tried and tested traditional compact foundation and venture into mineral makeup territory. After all, the only thing I despise about mineral makeup is the fact that it is in loose powder form. How on earth can one retouch in the car?


There are a handful of pressed mineral makeup in compact form such as the ones from ColoreScience and Youngblood, but really these products are waay over my bargainista budget. Enter Human Nature Love Minerals. I was actually very excited about trying these out as they were only Php 395 each and are 100% Pinoy made.

The only downside, the colors are too pink, dark and beige for me. I am an NC30 *sob* and none of these shades match my skin tone. But there's hope, ladies! The good news is I received an email from Customer Service Rep Monique about the release of additional shades early next year:

I consulted with Camille re your query and her advise is none of our current shades would work best for you, but we are coming out with a light yellow toned foundation by early next year for our Singapore and US markets. You may however try the Island Shell foundation but you would need to apply it lightly with a brush so it won't come off too dark. We'll keep you posted on the development of the new ones which might be just perfect for you :)
Awesome right? If you are fair and have yellow undertones like me, then we should all just wait it out til next year. If you are using the Human Nature Love Mineral foundation, please share your experience with us. I'd like to know how it fares compared to traditional makeup.

4 Comments:

  1. Do they have a tester for it? I'd want to know which shade I am before purchasing online. I don't know if they have these in the tiangges yet.

    Alex
    http://www.reluctantstylista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alex: Sadly I do not think testers are available unless you go straight to their warehouse and check out the shades in person. Most of the HN merchants I've encountered at bazaars have only the skin care products and none of the mineral makeups yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have testers in the Human Nature branch at Santana Grove along Sucat Road, near Shopwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone!!!, have you heard of jane iredale mineral makeup? I tried them when i was in australia. i love its texture and it really smoothens my skin.

    ReplyDelete