Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I am loving now: Skin Hour Moisturizing Night Cream

Easily absorbed non-clogging night cream. Adds essential moisture to smoothen the whole face. Mandarin C variant relaxes and soothes tired skin. Makes skin more supple, less wrinkled and less flaccid. Contains bearberry from the Uva Ursi plant natural and papain for more even and lighter skin tone without irritation.

Ingredients: deionized aqua, organic karite shea butter, gylceryl stearate, sweet almond oil, organic goat milk, pearl powder, bearberry and papain extract, a-tocopherol, sodium gluconate, organic non-solvent fragrance oils

I contacted Char of Skin Hour a few weeks back to inquire about their night cream. The famous Mattifying Day Cream has worked so well for me (and for others I'm sure) that I was interested in trying out her Moisturizing Night Cream as well. Because I am quite anal about packaging, I requested that she send me a fresh, new jar citing that the last jar I got from her had scratches on it. Char gladly obliged and sent me a pristine jar. Yay!

So what can I say about the product?


First, it has the same non-greasy and matte formula though the night moisturizer is "richer" than the former because it contains shea butter instead of mango butter. But take note, when I say rich I don't mean those thick, yucky creams that coat your face and make you perspire. No sirree, this product is different. It is very light on the skin and applies as smooth as buttah. It also absorbs into the skin in a matter of seconds.

It also contains bearberry and papain which are well-known lightening ingredients. According to Char, the Moisturizing Night Cream won't whiten skin dramatically but will even out and neutralize skin tones. I don't know exactly what this "neutralize" can do for my skin tone, but I do need help in the moisturizing department and in lightening some blemishes such as previously extracted comedones and such. I have combination skin which tends to be oily when I am PMS-ing or stressed, but that doesn't mean I don't need to moisturize to keep wrinkles at bay.

After cleansing and toning my skin at night, I apply my eye cream, serum, then the Skin Hour Moisturizing Night Cream. I love the fragrant Mandarin scent as much as I love the pineapple scent of the day cream. I even mixed some CPC+G in it to hasten the lightening process. You could say that I wake up with radiant and well-moisturized skin now, hee-hee.

I've been using this for 2-3 weeks in conjunction with the Pond's Gold Radiance serum, and it's slowly becoming a staple in my nightly routine. In fact, I look forward to using both products every night. The Skin Hour Moisturizing Night Cream is affordable at only Php 480 (+ 50 shipping)/50g jar. And oh, did I ever tell you guys that it is organic? Amazing.

I would also like to thank Char for giving me an early Christmas present:

an organic bath bar sample

5 Comments:

  1. That is some awesome crazy! I have terrible skin problems too, so I crave one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm totally loving Human Heart Nature's night cream so far. Have you tried that one?

    Alex
    http://www.reluctantstylista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alex: Yup, my Mom loves it too! But my personal preference is still the Skin Hour night cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I need something like this! It's so cold in Holland now... I need a good moisturizing cream. Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Glocal Girl

    (I changed the name of my blog from "Tasting the World") :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. as a new user of Made from Earth skin products, I will say so far I like their Olive Night Creme. In the winter I need a moisture, but I use organic oils as well...

    This night cream is nice and thick, but not greasy with a light natural aroma. It has even helped to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on my forehead.

    ReplyDelete