Thursday, November 4, 2010

Asian Secrets Lulur Body Scrub

While I was in Watsons last week, I decided to grab my own 135g tub of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub. I've heard reviews from friends that it is one remarkable product worth trying, I even joined Project Vanity's Asian Secrets contest a few months back because I was hoping I'd win a jar (hee-hee). I love body scrubs and I have a couple of them in bathroom, my favorite being VMV's Ginger Snap Body Clay (Php 600+) . I was curious to find out if Asian Secrets can replace my tried and tested body scrubs for a fraction of the price.


This Lulur body scrub is a beauty treatment inspired by the luxurious Javanese ritual called Lulur. It originated from the Royal Palaces of Java, Indonesia and is intended for the bride-to-be to help whiten and smoothen her skin.

Benefits of using the Lulur body scrub:
  • gently exfoliates the skin thus getting rid of dead skin cells
  • claims to lighten skin, reduce skin pigmentation and even out skin tone if used regularly
  • contains powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Green Tea that protect the skin from free radicals
  • contains Squalene and Olive oil to moisturize skin


Once you tear open the seal, you'll be greeted by a fragrant jasmine scent that was initially too strong for me. But I learned to get over it and appreciate its fragrance on my 3rd day of usage. The product is very creamy and grainy though not as abrasive as let's say, St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The beads in Asian Secrets Lulur scrub are tiny and easier to work with. Of course as with any type of scrub, don't go crazy and go scrubbing one area for more than 3 seconds at a time because you'll just end up with pink, raw skin.

I have been using this for the past week which explains why the tub is almost half empty. The directions say you should use this on dry skin, but I find that it works beautifully on damp skin as well. For ladies with sensitive or dry skin, I would recommend using this a couple of times a week instead of everyday. And don't forget to patch test first, in case you're allergic to one of the ingredients. AND don't forget to apply moisturizer and sunblock afterwards because you wouldn't want your freshly exfoliated skin to fry now, would you? :)

Overall I find this product worth every penny. It's very affordable at only Php 130/250g and Php 80/135g and is exclusively available at all Watsons braches. It does a really good job of exfoliating and keeping my skin soft and smooth.

Have you tried Asian Secrets? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment