Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are you KXP? The Kulinarya Experience

If ever you are on a budget and you find yourself in Robinsons Midtown, I would suggest trying out Kulinarya Experience or KXP for either lunch, merienda or dinner. This has always been my resto of choice since the Midtown Wing opened about 2 years ago.

KXP serves an affordable selection of rice meals, pasta dishes, hearty soups, salads, pizzas and sliders. Their recently revamped menu now offers more budget-friendly meals for students, yuppies and your run-of-the-mill mallrat (that's me!). Can you spot me in the photo below?


The place is always predictably packed on weekdays especially during lunchtime. Today we had to patiently wait for 5 minutes before a table was cleared and ready for us, but most of the photos above were taken after 2pm which is why it looks empty and deserted. Haha. As you can see, the place is spacious enough and it always looks spic and span. I like how clean and no-nonsense everything is, plus the service people are nice too.


And because we were all technically saving up for Christmas shopping, the budget meals here were just perfect. Check out our orders below, nomnomnom:

Crispy Chicken Strips Value Meal with free Iced Tea - Php 98
vegetabless....mmmm...
Combo 2: Chicken, Pasta, Pizza - Php 125
Combo 2: Chicken, Pasta, Pizza - Php 125

Our total bill was only about Php 500 or so, our lowest bill to date! Why even Mom was surprised, hrhr. What I like most about KXP is their Crispy Chicken Strips paired with their Aioli dip which never fails to make me happy and fill me up bigtime. It's no TGIF but their Chicken Strips are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I believe Tish and I stole each of Mom's strips and traded a slice of pizza for them. I also like their griddled rice, something very similar to Shanghai Rice. Another must-try is the KXP iced tea which is pretty good and has a hint of vanilla in it.

Have you tried KXP? If you haven't then you may be interested to visit them at: 

Kulinarya Experience "KXP", Robinson Place Manila - Midtown Wing
Pedro Gil cor. Adriatico St., Ermita, Manila
(02) 567-2562

6 Comments:

  1. We were at Rob too the other week and just passed this restau since super puno talaga. We ended with TOSH. Btw, followed and added you on my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Justine! I hope you get to try KXP soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BF and I ate here one time. Food was okay, but the servings were too small for his big appetite! Haha. My mom and I are pretty okay with the serving size though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meedge: I agree, they serve smaller portions now but for the cheap price I'm not complaining, he-hee. Were you able to eat there before they revamped their whole menu? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the chicken teriyaki here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I'll try that next time :D

      Delete