Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meet my evil twin

When I was a young I was just like any other kid -- I loved all things pink and girly. Especially Barbie. I had the little car and the suitcase so I can bring her around. And I had tons of Barbie shoes and outfits. I also liked Care Bears, She-ra, Rainbow Brite and Sprite, My Little Pony, Glow-Worms (especially the the baby glow-worms wearing onesies), Strawberry Shortcake and Popples! OMG do you remember Popples that transformed into a ball? I think I had 3 or 4 of those and I'd even sleep beside them.


But aside from all that sweetness and cuteness, I also collected Garbage Pail Kids cards. I'd buy packs every Sunday at the neighborhood novelty store, chewed tons of gum and excitedly marvel at the stickers. I have about 30 or 40 pcs of those cards, and I'd have to say that "Bloody Mary" is my favorite.

Until a few years ago, that is. Back when I was working over at MLNW, I had the privilege of meeting the very talented Ish Orendain of Morbie Dolls. After being amazed at her mopey-mute and weird dolls I decided that there should be an evil ballerina doll named Kira, complete with a pink tutu and ballerina lace-up shoes. Ish added the "longganisa" hair later on.

And so guys, say hello to my evil twin:

there are some similarities, don't you think?
my sister with her "Children of the Corn" doll; me and my Kira doll
I've brought my Kira doll to my travels, and although she always has that sinister look on her face, she says she is quite happy with the places she has visited. Do you like her? (Please say you do or else...)

And it doesn't stop there. I also have these really interesting accessories from Solo, and coffin accessories (from an online shop) which I think go hand in hand with the Kira doll and my Garbage Pail collection:

Cat's tongue consomme necklace
Sleeping beauty with her poison apple
coffin earrings and rings
What about you, do you collect interesting-slash-weird stuff? Tell me about it :)

3 Comments:

  1. pwedeng malaman yung price nung necklaces?.
    thank you.
    =].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I think I may have..pero I'm saving it for a blog entry! Haha! I love the accessories especially :D I want those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lalalarisse: hi there! the necklaces are about P350 :)

    @Alex: Oh I'd like to read about yours! Link me so I don't forget :D

    ReplyDelete