Monday, August 23, 2010

Go Greek!

Last week, it was my good friend Marga's turn to choose where to have lunch. Seeing as it was a Tuesday and she/we could eat anything we want (Marga is usually a pescoveg other days of the week), she conveniently chose Go Greek which recently just opened at Food Choices in Glorietta, Makati. She must have read my mind because I have been craving for beef kebabs and it has been a long time since I ate at my favorite kebab place, Cafe Mediterranean.

The signage itself was very cute, and reminiscent of "Ice Age"
Admittedly, I was a little confused with the menu and how to order my food as there were some things that I wasn't familiar with. My usual spiel is "Chelo Kebab with buttered rice and iced tea, please", but I think my eyes were drawn to the huge-ass vegetables. Uh-oh. This is going to be a mouthful. And the servers weren't too friendly either. When they saw me look confused, they just asked what I wanted without even trying to educate me on their menu.

tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers oh my!
lamb, beef or chicken kebab
choices: rice or mashed potatoes
I chose the beef kebab platter (Php 195) which looked like this:


As you can see, it has more veggies than beef, which I think is good for veggie eaters. Unfortunately for me, I had to deal with the 3 pieces of beef chunks which I thought was so bitin. I personally thought that I deserved more chunks for the price I paid. Comparing to Cafe Med (click here for pic), for Php 300 I get seven pieces of beef, buttered rice, diced veggies (which I prefer over whole veggies). Super sulit.

Taste-wise, Go Greek does not disappoint as I actually liked their yogurt-garlic sauce, the beef was slightly tender and the veggies were fresh. I just hoped they used buttered rice though.

Overall, Go Greek is a relatively good place to go to if you're on a budget or within the area. But if you're anything like me, I bet the trek to Greenbelt 1 for a plate of delicious Cafe Med beef kebab is so well worth the Php 300 price tag :)

Go Greek!
Glorietta 4 Food Choices
Makati, Metro Manila

8 Comments:

  1. oh my oh my I LOVE greek food! Must try this. Thanks for the tip, Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already full-fledged pesco hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marga: OMG! Congratulations :) Where should we have lunch next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Cafe Med. Is it a whole lot better than Cyma? I personally like Arya's beef kebab. That's a Persian Resto, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meedge: Hi Meedge! I like Cafe Med's garlic sauce, it's super garlicky in a good way, plus their baclava is good too :)

    I see Arya all the time at Midtown. I'll take your word on it and try it next week. How's their garlic sauce? :) I'm from QC so I mostly eat at Behrouz and at World Class Persian Kebab (yep, that's the name of the resto) and also Mister Kebab pala ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their shish kebab is juicy and tender. I like my kebabs steak-y. Haha. The garlic sauce has some hint of sweetness. I'm not sure if you want your sauce like that. Prince of Jaipur is a winner too! Gah. Talking about this makes me HUNGRY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo nga Cafe med na lang. I'm allergic to unfriendly servers. (yun na yung deciding factor ko for your whole post)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What? May side dish na nga ng veggies tapos may veggies pa rin yung kebab? =|

    ReplyDelete