Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yogi Berry Frozen Yogurt

I tried a new frozen yogurt brand yesterday at the 2nd floor of SM The Block. As I always have either White Hat, Red Mango or Yoh-gurt Froz, I was very much willing to try out Yogi Berry since I was craving for yogurt and this shop was smack right in front of me.

This is a self-service type of establishment similar to Tutti Frutti and Qoola. I like self-service shops for the obvious reason that I like piling on toppings. When I eat I always want to have equal parts of everything -- let's say, equal part of rice + viand, or equal part of frozen yogurt + toppings. I don't want to feel shortchanged.

Yogi Berry has 6 different types of froyo flavors which is basically plain froyo with a slight hint of the following:

The bears are just uber cute, aren't they? Now I am a purist when it comes to froyo, so I just tasted Mango and Vanilla (their version of plain froyo) and decided to get both and top them with mangoes and crushed graham. They don't really have a huge spread of toppings like Yoh-gurt Froz or White Hat.

Frozen yogurt review:

- it's not as creamy as White Hat and Yoh-gurt Froz, and not as smooth either. I could feel very minute ice particles
- it is not tart nor tangy, tastes bland (defeats the purpose of calling it yogurt)
- their flavored versions only have a very slight hint of flavor which (and depending on what you're getting) can also be considered as just an aftertaste
- pretty cheap at only Php 15/oz

Overall, it's not THE best frozen yogurt, but if you're not too picky and you happen to be in the area, you might want to try this one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment