Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NYX Tinted Lip Spa in Juicy

NYX Tinted Lip Spa (5g) is specially formulated with Vitamin E and extra moisturizing properties to nourish and condition lips while adding color. JUICY is a translucent bright red shade which provides sheer and buildable color.

Price: Php 320 + shipping
 

peek a boo
A nice bright red shade, 5grams

Ingredients list

As you very well know, I am a huge fan of lip tints especially the highly moisturizing ones. Lip tints are fool-proof and more convenient to retouch when on the go, plus I like anything that adequately moisturizes and colors my lips. Hence, the reason for lemming this particular product.

My sister and I purchased several NYX lipsticks from Armie of CarefreeShopper a few weeks back, my sister loved her Louisiana and Paris lippies while my Mom loved her Raisin shade. I, on the other hand, tried out the NYX Tinted Lip Spa in Juicy which, based on the online reviews and swatches, was the brightest shade. The nice thing about purchasing NYX from Armie is that the items arrive in the proper condition with proper packaging, plus she is very diligent in scheduling ship outs.

What I like about the NYX Tinted Lip Spa:

- Very moisturizing up until hours after application, and leaves a nice tint on my lips which makes me look like I just sucked on a cherry popsicle.

- It is not sticky nor tacky, I don't like getting my hair caught on my lips via tacky lip gloss. Yuck. 

- It provides very good color pay-off for a "tinted lip balm".

- It leaves a minty feel on the lips upon application and has a minty scent as well, think Mentos! It's very weird though because the ingredients list does not include menthol or mint...so I do not know where the minty feel is coming from. 

- Does not contain any parabens or any other bad chemicals. Yipee!

What I do not like about it:

- NO SPF! For a product that I love soo much, I loathe the fact that NYX did not even think of including SPF in the ingredients list. Bleh. 

- Available via online shopping only.

I found difficulty capturing how lovely the shade is when worn because it complements my natural lip color so well, ergo I had to settle with swatches on the back of my hand:

swatch without flash

swatch with flash

So what do you think? Will you be purchasing any NYX lip products soon? (photos of other NYX lippies to follow) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment