Sunday, March 7, 2010

Off to Watch Alice.

The boyfriend and I watched Alice in Wonderland in 3D today, and let me tell you that for those who argue that it is better in 2D, I beg to disagree! Watching it in 3D was all worth it! :)

I've been a fan of Tim Burton's work ever since I saw Edward Scissorhands, but my favorite still remains to be Big Fish though. Going back to the movie, I was enthralled by the characters most especially by the Mad Hatter (of course, who doesn't love Johnny Depp), Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter's hydrocephalic head was just aha-mazing) and her army of cards. The cards were well-designed and well-thought of, I couldn't imagine them any other way.

So I hope everyone has seen Alice in Wonderland by now. If you can, try to read the book first. I know my boyfriend somehow feigned interest in the film, in the end he said the movie was confusing. But then again, so was the book. Alice's adventures in Wonderland were confuzzling -- sometimes it didn't really make any sense at all!

But bottomline is, it still remains to be most enduring fairy tale of all time. And I hope you love Alice and reminisce about your childhood the way I do when I remember watching the very first Disney cartoon adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland", which was first released way way back in 1951 .

Jumper dress from Space, Chill beige chiffon/crochet topper, Mad Hatter necklace, animal print bangle from Happy David, red sling bag from BKK

On another note, I think the temperature today reached 34 degrees!  Gah, it's SO hot in Manila!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment