Saturday, February 6, 2010

A New Crab House

"Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our..."


Last Wednesday, my Mom was bored so we decided to go to my sister's office and have lunch with her at the nearby mall (such is our life everytime [we] get bored). Although our main purpose was just to eat out and not go shopping, we couldn't help but get some "necessities" - we went home with Mom's favorite Lipfinity from Max Factor, I got a L'Oreal 6H Glam Shine Lip Gloss that was on 50% sale (yay!), and we bought some collars for our dogs. And before I forget, I also got my hermit crabs a new house for their crabitat.

I've been eyeing this house at the pet store since December, but I just haven't gotten around to buying it. And I thought this was the perfect opportunity because Mom was paying. LOL. It was just a measly Php 120 ($2.60) and I still didn't want to shell out cash for it. Bleh.

Anyway, the moment I got home I took out their old playing log and the "Do Not Enter" sign and replaced it with the new house. At first the crabs were wary and skeptical. They investigated and explored but none tried to enter it. LOL. I bet they're thinking it was a trap!

Early the next morning (God knows I wake up everyday at 6 or 7am), I inspected the cage and what do you know --- the giant crabs (Gigantor and Hercules) were INSIDE the house and peeking out! Those sly devils! They totally hogged it all for themselves!
Can you see the crabs inside?
And believe me, even until after dark they still wouldn't get out. No amount of coaxing or food bribing would make them leave their new "territory". Good thing Maximus just wanted to climb and climb and climb....He had to interest in bunking whatsoever.
So bottomline is, I'm happy with the new house and they are too. It occupies about 1/3 (or less) of their terrarium, which still leaves a lot of space for them to roam around.

And here are some shots of the love of my life ---  my Chihuahua, P-nut! :)
---
And in other news...
Mortimer is in his pre-molt stage! And...he's taking soo long. Max shed his exoskeleton in only 4 days, while Mortimer has been under the substrate since Jan 30th and he still hasn't started shedding. I hope he's alright. Updates on this soon :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment