Monday, February 15, 2010

The Body Shop's Natural Minerals Blotting Tissues

I've been meaning to get my hands on these mineral blotting tissues ever since I nonchalantly spotted them at TBS Robinson's Midtown early this month. I have heaps of oil clear sheets at home (mostlyfrom Watsons, Clean & Clear and Gatsby), I've been an avid user since high school and they have earned a regular spot in my beauty kit. My first pack of oil clear sheets was from Gift Gate, does anyone remember the Hello Kitty and Zashikibuta packets? Very pretty :) I think oil clear sheets are a godsend for combi skinned chicas like me.

Anyway, I thought The Body Shop's Mineral Blotting Tissues were too steep at Php 295 ($6.50) so I decided I could purchase them later in the month when I have more moolah to burn (I've been buying dresses like mad recently --- Kira, you are not in Bangkok anymore. Wake up!).

I guess in some ways that wasn't such a good idea. Two weeks later when I was ready to purchase them, it appears these have all sold out in all the major malls I frequent. Gah. And you know, when good sensibilities tells you to let it go and just settle for something cheaper and readily available (i.e. Palladio's Natural Rice Powder Blotters which retail for only Php 225 or $5.00), it just makes you want to buy that product even more!

I was ready to throw in the towel and focus on more productive stuff, when my Mom said we should go grocery shopping at SM San Lazaro today. Grocery shopping? Yay! I don't know about you, but grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do --- all those rows of food, cosmetics and bath products..Mmmmm....

Anyhoo, my TBS shopgirl did give me a tip a few days ago saying that all Love Your Body (LYB) members are entitled to a 50% off starting February 15. I haven't used my LYB card in a while, and eventhough there was a TBS at SM San Lazaro, I figured they wouldn't carry the Blotting Tissues since it's pricey and the people in that mall are more of the stingy kind.

But boy was I wrong!!! When I checked TBS today, they had only 1 piece left on display (yippee!!!) so without batting an eyelash I took with me to the counter. The helpful shopgirl asked if I was a LYB member and she said I am entitled to a 50% discount on my 2nd product purchase (the promo goes: you would have to pay full price for the first product and then pay only 50% for the second product. This promo is applicable to all TBS products). Silly me, I totally forgot about the promo today!

So I ended up with 2 packs of the Blotting Tissues (apparently they kept the other stocks hidden and only displayed one product on the shelves) and paid only Php 442 ($9.70) for both! I am a happy bunny :)

As lifted from the site:

Nature's Minerals™ Blotting Tissues

Best if you want to: Keep your skin in shower-fresh shape with a nifty, purse-sized pack of mineral-infused blotting papers that absorb excess oil and reduce shine.

How it works:

  • Compact and easy-to-use pop-up case of 65 tissues is hygienic and perfect for your handbag.
  • Can be used over make-up or on bare skin for a matte finish

Price: Php 295/65 sheets

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment