Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fragrance Nostalgia: GapScent in Heaven

Do any of you remember Gap Heaven?

It is my all-time favorite fragrance! I remember catching a whiff of it from my high school classmate, and I knew right then and there I HAD to get one for myself! Because I couldn't afford to get the huge glass bottle, I opted to buy the ones in small tin cans which I found adorably cute and small enough to fit in my purse. The fragrance is basically "a simple bouquet of pure white blossoms", and spritzing it in between classes was indeed, pure heaven.

Later on I graduated to Gap Dream and Gap Om, but I still nursed a fondness for Gap Heaven. It reminded me so much of high school (which for me is so so long ago). It reminded me of that time of my life when things didn't really matter that much, when I lived in the NOW instead of thinking so much of the future. Carefree is a good way to describe it, weren't everyone's high school days carefree and fun?

Fast forward a few years later and I've purchased many a signature scents, including Victoria's Secret in "Whispering Mist" (another cult favorite which was sadly discontinued), Ralph Spritz Blitz (my summer body spritz which my boyfriend loves to death) and Annick Goutal (for the colder months).

I have almost forgotten Gap Heaven, I tell you, if not for that BOGO that I spotted at SM Cubao last December. Yes folks, the pocket-friendly 50ml body mist was on SALE! And of course, I had to get myself a bottle (or two) of my most coveted scent! I paid Php 595 ($12.00) for 2 50ml bottles and I was stoked! I can't believe these babies are back! I also saw a few 50ml bottles of Gap Dream and Gap So Pink, so I may have to get my hands on those 2 other fabulous scents too.

*sigh* Right now I am in pure GapScent heaven :)

Do you guys have any signature scents you'd like to share? :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

7 Comments:

  1. I don't remember that one, but do remember Victoria's Secret made a couple good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, VS did make a few good ones but the one that I remember most would be "Whispering Mist" which I got in year 2000 and was discontinued shortly thereafter.
    The GapScents are currently unavailable (or maybe out of stock) on the Gap website though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remembered one that I was trying to think of the other day. Crabtree and Evelyn made a fragrance that you could also by as a home fragrance. I don't even remember the name of it, but it was just awesome. It was floral, but not too sweet or strong. It was really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sounds really good! :) If you do remember what it's called, feel free to comment so I can check out the C&E store here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure, but it may be Summer Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kira! Stumbled upon your site while googling for Gap Dream! My wife wanted it for her bday and I have no idea where to get it. Can you recommend a store or a reputable seller online. And also what's the difference between Gap Dream and Gap Dream Body Mist. I am guessing its the mist that's my wife is using coz the bottle is the same on the net. Any advise will be appreciated!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovinhusbnd, thanks for dropping by my blog :) As mentioned in the entry, I got my Gap Heaven 50ml body mists from SM Cubao and Trinoma where they were luckily on BOGO (buy one get one), I got 2 bottles for only P595.

    Gap scents are a bit hard to come by these days, but I still see some in SM Cubao,Landmak, Trinoma and Robinsons Midtown (not sure about other malls). There's also this small (legitimate) shop in Farmers Plaza that sells authentic perfume for cheap -- about P1000 less than mall prices! My sister purchased her L'eau Par Kenzo there last month. I believe they have one last bottle of Gap Dream there, I was about to get it but was in a hurry and I wasn't able to go back for it. I rarely but expensive items online because I prefer to check the authenticity of the packaging and the scent before I buy.

    The perfume version comes in a tall glass bottle, what I have is the body mist which is encased in a 50ml plastic bottle with an atomizer spray. A body mist is a more subdued version of the perfume. I would suggest getting the perfume because it is a more classy gift to give :)

    Hope I was able to help and goodluck with the search :)

    ReplyDelete