Monday, July 27, 2009

I Will Miss You, Michael Jackson

From his catchy, danceable tunes of "Black or White", to poignant songs such as "Gone Too Soon", MJ was very much a part of my childhood.

I will always remember those memorable childhood summers spent with my Dad in Mindanao, where all of us (cousins and friends) would "camp out" at my Lola's house and eat pandesal and play near the pool table with a stereo in hand. We would blast MJ's songs until the wee hours of 2am. Yes we were quite the MJ fans.

And I'm sure the whole world will agree, there will NEVER be anyone else like him.

When I heard that he had passed, I was deeply saddened. I refused to watch the news, a huge chunk of me was in denial. A few weeks later, I mustered enough courage to watch his memorial service. I had to watch the rerun because I slept through the live coverage. I mean, MJ's still alive, this must be all a big mistake. So why watch right? Up to this day, a month after he died, I still believe that the King of Pop is out there, playing an awful prank on all of us.

No words can express how much I regret not being able to watch his concerts here in Manila. It's one of those feelings where you'd like to kick yourself in the butt, because you know that once that opportunity has passed, there will never be anything remotely like it. What's gone is gone.

I know that MJ is happy up in heaven, that he is finally free from all the media scrutiny, all the pain and hurt everyone is causing him, the suffering of being the famous Michael Jackson. I still wish though, that God gave him one more opportunity to show us how much of a genius he is. And I also fervently hoped that God also gave us one more opportunity to witness and celebrate the miracle that is Michael Jackson --- the greatest entertainer that ever lived.

May you rest in peace, Michael.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment