Monday, June 8, 2009

Revenge of the Slugs

A subsequent post on fashion was shoved aside as I found a SLUG in our sala this evening. Yes -- a real, live, slithering slug! I just sent the dogs out to the front yard so that they could do no. 1 and 2 as they just had dinner. As I was walking around the sala and turning on lights, I noticed a brown "thing". A closer inspection (meaning I kneeled on the floor) made me realize that I had discovered a slug in our sala, and it still had a slimy trail behind it. Cool!

I immediately called my Mom and well, she was all "Eeww.." and "Yuck" and I was more "Oooh" and "Aaah", remembering my "experimenting days". Please don't ask me to expound on that, ask my sister instead.

Anyway, I told Mom we shouldn't kill the slug but rather leave it on one of the plants outside. As Mom was tasked to do the deed, she scooped up the little critter with a piece of paper and laid it on one of our plants with the huge leaves.

And I thought my evening was going to be boring. Finding a gastropod in your house is uberly cool. That slug was lucky Micki didn't pounce on her or *gasp* eat her.

More photos here and here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment